Do you ever like a show so much you make a block print of it the day you start watching it?
working with children raises lots of essential questions, the main one being why are we still talking about frozen??? why are we still singing songs from frozen why is frozen still a thing
And the more I think about it, the more real it becomes. Mulan spends virtually the whole movie concealing her sex, but projecting her physical and…
She had curves in all the wrong places - some of them cast a 3-dimensional shadows, still others hummed a low, discordant note as they flitted about like flies. She was nothing like other girls - she was an abomination from the 6th plane of torment
#SaveInTheFlesh Social Media Sunday
#SaveInTheFlesh Social Media Sundays are going to be the last Sunday of every month.
This means Sunday 27th July is the next one.
A lot of you know all about and taken part in this before (thanks so much!), but as anyone taking a casual glance at the tag has noticed, this fandom is growing rapidly, so we’ll explain what this is again.
Basically, we started this campaign in mid-June - this is the original post - to demonstrate how much love for the show is out there and make sure the BBC knows it. The response from the fandom was overwhelming - we got amazing support from the Sherlockians and sherlockology, and check out these stats. The show’s creative team certainly noticed the fans’ efforts and the noise we all created brought new fans to the show.
We want to make this an ongoing campaign - we’re going for once a month so that we all have time to create things for each event.
It would be really great if lots of new fans (especially everyone coming in from Teen Wolf) could take part this time!
This is how you get involved:
#SaveInTheFlesh - Sunday 27th July - 10pm UK time
- We all create a post - this isn’t about likes and reblogs, this is a show of numbers. It could be a bit of fan art you’ve made, your favourite quote, a picture of your favourite character, or even just one of the images above
- Here are screencaps (series 1 - here is series 2) for images and here are the scripts for quotes. Or you can use this free to use fan art from ruvillie and these free to use gifs.
- In the caption, say how much you like the show and that you want another series
- Include mentions of BBC Three and BBC America - do this by typing “@ bbcthree” and “@ bbcamerica” in your post without the space. When it has worked, the @ will disappear and the text will become a link. The BBC’s tumblr accounts will then get a notification when you publish the post so they’ll see you love the show
- Tag it saveintheflesh
- Schedule it for 10pm UK time on Sunday 27th July
- Tweet #saveintheflesh at BBC Three and BBC America
- After creating your own tweet, retweet a few others from the tag a few minutes later
- Get conversations going with your fellow fans - tweet questions and answer other people’s using the hashtag. This will help get the numbers up and ensure the topic stays busy.
This particular campaign method is all about timing - by suddenly all talking about the show, we send a strong, united message of support to the BBC, and show the talented cast and crew that we love them and we’re behind them all the way.
Remember: Sunday 27th July 10pm UK time
- That’s 11pm Sunday for most of continental Europe
- Time zone calculator
Spread the word!
YOU DEMANDED IT! Check out the full-length official trailer for Dear White People before it hits theaters this weekend.
Studio Ghibli + Food
Friends! Thrift-o-Rama is turning 2!
On July 25, 2012, I posted my first outfit of the day. It’s crazy to think two years have gone by. I’m so honored by the love, support and friendship I’ve found in you people. Thank you for reading Thrift-o-Rama. Thank you for celebrating bodies and thrift stores and lipstick with me. I don’t have words for how much you’ve all touched me, I really don’t.
The best way I know how to thank you is to give away a thrifty gift. The winner gets:
1. You’re in Luck Dress in Lady Bug, size 2X. This dress is no longer available at ModCloth, period. It’s beautifully made and would probably best fit a size 18-20. Maybe a 22 if you’re small in the bust. I wish I was keeping it, but it’s too big for me. Tried on but never worn. I’ve included some pictures of me in the same dress in a different print for fit reference. Message me for exact measurements and details on the dress itself.
2. A portrait! See above for an example of my art, though I won’t rush through yours as I did mine.
3. “Mystery Thrift Store Jewelry.” This will be a surprise. Various strange necklaces and earrings thrifted in my travels will be sent to you. I hope you like them. The winner can tell me if they have pierced ears or allergies and I’ll do my best to oblige.
1. This is a gift to my followers. You must be following me.
2. US residents only, please. Sorry. International shipping is very very expensive. The winner needs to give me an address.
3. Likes and reblogs count, but you can only reblog once a day.
4. If the winner doesn’t respond within two days, I’ll pick someone else.
This giveaway ends Sunday, July 27th, 5PM central time, at which point a winner will be chosen at random.
yoooooooooo don’t forget to enter this junk
reblogging to boost bridie being fab (if i win pls pick someone else lovebug)
how is Richmond real! all the parts if the country that aren’t Florida look like fairy tales to me! there’s so much GREEN!